Engineering Manager (Heat Treatment)
LocationHo Chi Minh
ExperienceMore than 10 Years
Our client is a global manufacturer in mechanical precision products looking for an Engineering Manager (heat treatment) to join their manufacturing team based around Ho Chi Minh city
- Overseeing all production activities i.e. employees within the division, movement of material and product derivatives, planning and execution of production throughput and direct costs in order to meet customer demand
- Maintaining process and output parameters such as product temperatures, cycle time, bath concentrations, hardness, strength, microstructure etc. so that parts are produced in accordance with the quality specifications. Managing and overseeing the team leader (s) or quality supervisor (s) will be crucial to achieve the above.
- Meeting Monthly Production KPI’s (i.e. Efficiencies, Overtime, Scrap %, Budget etc.). Optimising efficiencies in all areas of control to maximise company profits and for continual improvement. Preparation of KPI results for evaluation and presentation at Monthly Management Meetings.
- Assistance with the development of heat treatment processes for new parts.
- Training and developing of all staff under your control as per the Company Organogram.
- All maintenance requirements and fault finding for department
- Maintaining Budgetary disciplines in all areas.
- Tracking competencies of subordinates as well as providing leadership and mentorship support. Evaluating staff training requirements and further development opportunities.
- Oversee and develop Health and Safety requirements (OHS) according to company Policy and Statutory Laws.
- Establishing and maintaining (with support of QA Dept) the ISO Business Management System of the company as per certification and the ethos of the company.
- Assist and uphold together with the QA Manager the continual improvement of the Quality system and its procedures.
- Creating an environment/culture of ‘engagement’ with all staff.
- Implementation of production and process improvements.
- Identification of Constraints, Bottlenecks, Pacemaker Loops, Time-Traps etc and follow-up improvement
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Heat Treatment Management Role
- Experience in managing a high-volume manufacturing production process
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing techniques
- Knowledge of different types of heat treatment processes and associated equipment
- Basic knowledge of the metallurgical properties of steel
- Knowledge of the relationship between the various process parameters, like, furnace temperature, pressure, carbon potential, gas flow for endothermic process, cycle times for heating
- Knowledge of methods used to test hardness of metals
- Knowledge of the latest heat treatment techniques
- A degree in mechanical engineering or metallurgy would be advantageous
If you are ready to join this job opportunity, please click on APPLY BUTTON or reach out to Mr. Hai Nguyen via firstname.lastname@example.org or +84 327 849 682 for immediate attention.
- Hai Nguyen