Senior Inspection Engineer
CategoryTechnical / Manufacturing
IndustryOil & Gas
The responsible of the Inspection Engineer as a minimum shall consist of the following:
- Give instruction and supervise inspection activities of assigned staff. Performs supervisory functions at group level as established by the Section/Deputy Section Manager.
- Develop inspection plan and work schedule for unit planned or unplanned shutdown and recommend actions to achieve preventive maintenance target. Develop special/detailed inspection plan for new construction or revamping of equipment if required.
- Inspect/accept work performed by Maintenance Division, or others, as assigned. Performs field inspection work as required due to work load, complexity of problem etc.
- Analyze inspection findings/abnormal conditions, prepare summary of such findings, and submit the final inspection report to Deputy Section Manager, together with recommendations for repair/replacement/ preventive measures as deemed necessary.
- Monitor plant in service performance and recommend/review measures for improving reliability.
- Review and update inspection procedures/practices. Review/edit inspection reports and ensure that inspection records are well maintained.
- Carry out Fitness for Service (FFS) as per requirement, including the calculation of retiring thickness and predicts remaining life time for equipment, determining permissible working pressure and temperature, thermo-graphic surveys for heater tubes, hot spots and the others which could affect to integrity of equipment, and report to Deputy Section Manager.
- Plan and schedule the testing of all in-charged statutory equipment and piping. Ensure the equipment and piping to meet the standards regulated by local jurisdiction/authorized inspection agency or insurers.
- Undertake and follow up the on-the-job training of subordinates.
- May act for Inspection Leader during his absence in addition to his/her normal duties.
- Performs other related duties as directed.
- Conversant with ASME design codes and API Inspection Standards is preferable.
- Must have basic knowledge in Non-destructive-examination techniques and its application to Oil and Gas industry.
- Ability to study and develop inspection plans on risk based philosophy.
- Ability to prepare work instructions, interpret results and inspection reports
- Minimum English skill level of IELTS 5.0 or equivalent.
- Fluent in Microsoft applications includes Word, Excel, Presentation and Outlook.
- A bachelor degree of Metallurgical, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering.
Please click on the APPLY BUTTON or contact our consultant - Ms. Ngoc Nghiem for further information: +(84) 0869318103 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ngoc Nghiem