Business Development Manager
LocationHo Chi Minh City
This role will be responsible for implementing the sales strategy to optimize the relationship with, and achieve maximum results for in-country. This role has an emphasis on technical selling and relationship building. Assessing and reporting sales forecasts accurately is key. Facilitation skills and project management abilities across multi-functional groups will be essential to the success of this role.
· Drive customer sales and profit initiatives to achieve business goals and assigned revenue quota.
· Work with sales and marketing management to develop and manage tactical and strategic sales plans to penetrate key accounts.
· Contact all assigned hospitals on a regular basis as required to achieve and service business.
· Seek new opportunities and drive continuous improvement for coordination and management of existing business.
· Quantify business opportunities presented by customers’ new products/projects and work with technical and product development teams to define those.
· Create and maintain long term business relationships at the senior level within customer base.
· Execute pricing proposals in accordance with the company’s pricing guidelines and market trends.
· Provide necessary follow-up to expedite orders and resolve problems involving payments, delivery and product performance.
· Evaluate territory performance against established objectives/guidelines (sales forecast, budget, number of new accounts, etc.) and take appropriate action to continuously improve performance.
· Provide accurate forecast of sales for the territory by customer and product on a timely basis.
· Drive proactive customer communication by conducting and leading internal/external business reviews with customer base.
· Ensure account information and knowledge management is current and accurate.
· Provide ongoing communication to management regarding customer risk, opportunity, development and direction in market. Assessing business potential of current and new customers is a key.
· Monitor publications and announcements from customer base and target customers, channeling information to management.
· Participate in weekly sales meeting to include budget, sales, profit and forecast.
· Coordinate efforts with Sales, Marketing, Operations, QA/RA, Finance and Senior Management resources as needed.
· Keep management abreast of market conditions, product performance and make recommendations for future growth potential such as acquisitions, new market strategies, new product development based on market trends, etc.
Manage expenses within specified budget and company policy guidelines.
· A demonstrated track record for meeting sales objectives in an IVD company; year over year results.
· Strong capability to open new accounts and service customers.
· Proven ability to “system” and “circular” sell within accounts i.e., handholding order opportunity through depth and breadth of customer stakeholders.
· A solid understanding of the medical consumable industry.
· Ability to communicate effectively with a broad spectrum of people having varying backgrounds, education and experience.
· Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Microsoft Project, etc.
· Demonstrated functional experience in areas such as strategic selling, Key Account Management.
· A high-energy self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, lean, entrepreneurial environment and will “roll up his/her sleeves” to get the job done.
· A team player that treats individuals with dignity and respect.
· An independent individual who goes the extra mile to ensure proper communication and reporting.
· A creative person with a proactive attitude, motivated to set aggressive goals and be measured against them.
· A person comfortable working in an environment of change and continuing organizational evolution.
· Bachelor’s Degree.
· Minimum 7 years of Sales experience with a leading IVD company.
· Sales experience in Vietnam market is a MUST.
· Knowledge in IVD market will be advantageous.
Please click the APPLY button or contact Dang Le at +84 936 840 048 or email@example.com to discuss further.
- Dang Le