Adecco Privacy Statement
This document details the personally identifiable information Adecco Consulting Ltd gathers about you online, how we use it and why we need it. This document is also applicable to any personally identifiable information our business partners may share with us.
This document does not apply to the practices of companies that Adecco Consulting Ltd does not own or control or to people Adecco Consulting Ltd does not employ or manage.
Collection and Use
Adecco collects personally identifiable information when you register to use our
When you register with Adecco Consulting Ltd, we may (depending upon which service you register for) ask for one or more of the following fields: your name, email, address, date of birth, gender, education, skills and qualifications, employment history (including remuneration details), references, race, job requirements (including location, salary sought, job industry, job title) plus any other information you may volunteer to us as part of the sign-up process.
Adecco Consulting Ltd also gathers your IP address, cookie (if set), the requested page and date/time of any transaction in our web server logs.
Adecco uses the information it gathers about you for three purposes:
- To provide you with the services you request
- To contact you from time to time about special service offerings
- To improve our service levels by monitoring usages and behavioural patterns
Sharing and Disclosure
Adecco Consulting Ltd does not share or rent your personal information with third parties unless:
You have specifically consented to allow us to share your personal information with
You are seeking employment with a third-party organization through the use of our services and for the purpose of evaluating your
We need to share your information in order to provide a service you have requested.
We are required to do so by legal process or in response to a subpoena, court order or other legitimate requests by an authority.
Your Ability to Edit your Data
You have total freedom to log in and amend any of your details at any time.
Security Adecco Consulting Ltd protects your personal information using a unique password and login-id. It is your responsibility to safeguard your password and login-id. Do not share this information with anyone.
Where appropriate we may use industry standard SSL encryption for the protection of data transmission.
Changes to this Policy
Should you have any further questions or suggestions, please do not hesitate to reach us via “Contact Us’ found within the Adecco Vietnam Website (www.adecco.com.vn). or should you have any queries regarding Adecco’s treatment of your Personal Data, this consent form or any related matter, you may contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Adecco Asia Data Protection Policy
1. POLICY STATEMENT
1.1 Everyone has rights to know how their Personal Data will be handled. During the course of our activities, we will collect, use and disclose (as reasonably necessary) your Personal Data in order for us to carry out temporary staffing, permanent placement, career transition and talent development services, as well as, outsourcing and consulting services (“Services”). Adecco prioritizes the need to treat your Personal Data in an appropriate and lawful manner.
1.2 The types of Personal Data that we may collect for the provision of our Services include details of current, past and prospective candidates, suppliers, customers and other parties that we communicate with. Adecco takes reasonable security measures to ensure the protection of Personal Data which we collect whether on paper, computer or any other form of media.
2. STATUS OF APPROVAL & COMPLIANCE WITH THE POLICY
2.1 This data protection policy (“Policy”) has been approved by the Head of Legal of Adecco Asia. It sets out Adecco Asia’s internal regulations and standards on data protection including any legal requirements that must be satisfied in relation to the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Data.
2.2 The Data Protection Officers of each country in Asia are responsible for ensuring compliance with this Policy and the applicable data protection laws and regulations of their respective country (“Data Protection Laws”). Any questions or concerns about this Policy should be addressed to Adecco Asia Data Protection Officer at email@example.com
3. DEFINITION OF PERSONAL DATA & PROCESSING
3.1 Personal data means data relating to an individual who can be identified from that data (or from the combination of that data and other information in our possession) (“Personal Data”). Personal Data includes without limitation the following
- contact details
- identification card number
- educational and professional background
3.2 “Processing” means the carrying out of any operation or set of operations in relation to Personal Data and includes any of the following
- organisation adaptation or alteration
- erasure or destruction
4. CONSENT OBLIGATION
4.1 All collection, use or disclosure of Personal Data shall be subject to your prior consent.
4.2 Adecco seeks consent prior to the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Data. Unless otherwise permitted by the applicable Data Protection Laws, the granting of this consent will be a pre-condition for the collection, use or disclosure of your Personal Data in relation to the provision of the Services. You are entitled to withdraw your consent at any time by giving prior notice to the Adecco Asia Data Protection Officer. Such withdrawal shall apply prospectively and only affect Adecco’s future use or disclosure of your Personal Data.
5. PURPOSE LIMITATION OBLIGATION
5.1 Personal Data may only be processed for the purposes notified to you when the Personal Data was first collected or for any other purposes specifically permitted under the applicable Data Protection Laws. This means that Personal Data will not be collected for one purpose and then used for another purpose. If it becomes necessary to process the Personal Data for a new purpose, Adecco will inform you of the new purpose and seek your consent before processing the Personal Data for any new purpose.
5.2 Adecco will only collect Personal Data that is necessary for the performance of the Services.
5.3 Adecco will use the collected Personal Data in accordance with the purpose which you have consented to which will include the following (“Purpose”):
- introducing and recommending you (including sending your resume and Personal Data) to Adecco’s clients, Adecco’s affiliated companies, agents or sub-contractors that are engaged in the same or similar recruitment business as Adecco, for recruitment purposes or recruitment collaborative purposes;
- sending you directly or via Adecco’s clients, Adecco’s affiliated companies, agents or sub-contractors for reasoning test, psychometric test, personality test, career aptitude test or any tests to determine your skills and suitability for the job(s);
- discussing with Adecco’s clients regarding your eligibility or suitability for a job application;
- discussing with your past employer(s), educational institution(s) to establish your employment history, reference checks or educational history;
- calling you to make arrangements for interviews;
- sending you internal Adecco newsletters periodically;
- calling you (including leaving voice messages) or short message services (SMS), WhatsApp or sending you text or other communication (text or image) applications for mobile device or via any electronic means (including electronic mailing) and facsimile or send invitations to you on job alerts, recruitment events, seminars, networking events, campus attraction activities;
- sending you market research surveys and/or service satisfaction surveys;
- meet any legal or regulatory obligations or requests issued by any court, legal or any regulatory bodies (including the agents of the regulatory bodies) to conduct audit checks, surveillance and investigation;
- meeting or complying with Adecco’s internal policies and procedures;
- storage and processing of your Personal Data; and
- any other purposes which are reasonably related to the aforesaid.
6. NOTIFICATION OBLIGATION
6.1 Adecco will inform you of the purposes for which your Personal Data will be collected, used and disclosed in order to ensure you are able to provide informed consent.
7. ACCURACY OBLIGATION
7.1 Personal Data needs to be accurate and kept up to date. Personal Data which is incorrect, or misleading is not accurate and steps will be taken by Adecco to check the accuracy of any Personal Data at the point of collection and subsequently at regular intervals. Inaccurate or out of date Personal Data will be destroyed.
7.2 Adecco will also require your assistance to provide accurate and complete Personal Data at the time of our collection of Personal Data from you. If you wish to correct or update your Personal Data, you may contact the Adecco Asia Data Protection Officer.
8. RETENTION LIMITATION OBLIGATION
8.1 Adecco will cease retention of any Personal Data after seven (7) years from the date of collection or for as long as required under the relevant Data Protection Law.
9. ACCESS, CORRECTION & DELETION RIGHTS
9.1 You are entitled to request access and to correct or delete the Personal Data collected by Adecco. Such request to correct or delete data will generally be complied with unless Adecco sees no reasonable reasons for the correction (e.g. the Personal Data is scheduled for deletion).
10. PROTECTION OBLIGATION
10.1 Adecco will put in place procedures to maintain the security of all Personal Data from the point of collection to the point of destruction.
10.2 Adecco has implemented administrative and technical measures to protect all Personal Data that we have collected.
Security procedures include, but are not limited to, the following
- secure lockable desks and cupboards;
- methods of disposal: paper documents should be shredded; CD-ROMS or disks should be physically destroyed when no longer required;
- equipment: data users should ensure that individual monitor do not show confidential information to
passer-byand that they log off from the PCs when it is left unattended;
- personal laptops will not connect to the Adecco’s network;
- firewall, DMZ, antivirus are in place to filter off incoming network traffic;
off-boardingprocess of all staff, to ensure all access to ITsystem is revoked and all confidential documents are returned to Adecco; and
- Personal Data will be destroyed according to legal or industry standard, whichever is stricter.
11. TRANSFER LIMITATION OBLIGATION
11.1 Adecco may also transfer your Personal Data to Adecco’s employees, officers, directors, clients (and its agents), suppliers (mainly, IT providers and financial and legal advisors), authorities (and its agents), and to other Adecco affiliates, based locally or abroad, in order to reasonably achieve the Purpose (as applicable).
11.2 Transfers to third parties will be strictly on a need to know basis, in order to comply with contractual or legal obligations and provided that such third parties have data protection standards comparable to Adecco’s.
12. OPENNESS OBLIGATION
12.1 This Policy has been prepared by Adecco to set out our legal obligations in respect of compliance with the applicable Data Protection Laws and Adecco’s internal regulations, as well as, to inform of our commitment to
13.2 “Cookies” are small pieces of information stored by your browser on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies are used to maintain session information between your browser and our website and are required for our website to operate. Our website can later retrieve those cookies if you visit it again.
toallocate a unique identification number to your internet;
- to identify pages that you have accessed on our website; and
- to determine if you have previously visited our website.
If you wish to make full use of our website, you should configure your browser to accept the Cookies.
14. REVIEW OF THE POLICY
14.1 Adecco will continue to review the applicability and effectiveness of this Policy on an annual basis – or more frequently in light of any potential developments - to ensure it is achieving its objectives.
15.1 This Policy shall be read in conjunction with any local Data Protection Laws. In the event of any conflict or inconsistencies between the provisions of this Policy and those in the local Data Protection Laws, the more restrictive provision for Adecco shall prevail.
* * *