Added 11 days ago
Junior Materials and Corrosion Engineer
IndustryOil & Gas
Our client working in Oil and Gas Industry is looking for a Junior Materials and Corrosion Engineer to join their team.
- Resolve problems related to materials performance, repairs and corrosion management of refinery equipment.
- Specify NDE methods needed to assure the quality of repair work and interpretation of results.
- Contribute to work plans for events such as planned shutdowns.
- Interface with other refinery personnel to provide advice and front-line metallurgical support to maintenance and operations personnel.
- Conduct failure investigation to identify root cause(s) of failures
- Write and contribute to others’ Root Cause Analysis reports.
- Author reports on materials and matters for the Metallurgical Leader and managers as required.
- Oversee the application and interpretation of Vietnamese material and corrosion codes and other applicable codes and standards.
- Guide, direct and motivate less experienced engineers and operators. This includes specifying and delivering education and training and assessing performance; this is conducted in conjunction with the Company Human Resources Section.
- Minimum of 2 years (including refinery and petrochemical).
- Enthusiastic dedication to maintaining safe operations enforcing strict conformance with all government regulations, and applicable company procedures and policies.
- Strong decision-making abilities under pressure and innovative to generate innovative ideas.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills and can teach skills to more junior engineers and exhibit patience.
- Good knowledge of applicable international codes/standards such as ASME, NACE, ASTM, API and TEMA. (Both construction and post-construction codes/standards)
- Sound knowledge of materials, corrosion and metallurgical testing.
- Knowledge and experience of working with IOW systems and Integrity Management software NEXUS.
- Knowledge of process chemicals used in hydrocarbon and water refinery systems
- Knowledge of paint/coating systems and how they are applied.
- Demonstrable experience and knowledge of resolving problems related to materials, and degradation methods affecting refinery process units.
- Knowledge of oil refinery operations and processes. Including awareness of typical fluid services, e.g., wet H2S service, caustic and amine services.
- Demonstrable experience and knowledge of typical materials (such as duplex steels and nickel alloys) and process equipment such as vessels, reactors, columns and utilities such as boilers and steam generators.
- Be able to work both independently, or as a team member, in a new work situation and assist other staff members.
- Author reports and design packages to enable implementation of engineering recommendations.
- Experience of refinery operation including routine operation but also troubleshooting, trial operation, preparation for daily and turnaround maintenance.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and able to mentor junior engineers.
- Proficiency with common software packages such as Word, Excel and Access.
- Experience of maintenance mechanical control and planning.
- English skills IELTS 5.0 or TOEIC 650.
- University degree in metallurgy, engineering or science
If you are ready to join this job opportunity, please click on APPLY BUTTON or reach out to Ms. Thu Uyen Dinh via firstname.lastname@example.org or +84 96 959 1499 for immediate attention.
- Thu Uyen Dinh