The Safety Manager is responsible for professional safety program plans and activities to ensure EPC contractors (including all the subcontractors) and the company employees are working in a safe and secure environment in accordance with best industry practices, international standard and Vietnam laws. This position is responsible for development, establishment, implementation, and monitoring of the construction, commissioning and operation safety procedures, policies and manual, including emergency response procedures. Monitors first aid and Fire stations and the supplies, performs construction site / plant walk-downs to observe safety practices, provides material for safety meetings and conducts same and provides oversight to the safety of contractors. Consult with Construction management / Operations and Maintenance personnel regarding safety matters such as record keeping, safety reporting, emergency teams and security procedures.
Duties and responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Supervise EPC contractor’s safety department and their safety control management (including all the subcontractors) as project owner, and instruct them professionally to take corrective actions whenever we found any unsafe conditions.
- Development of plant safety procedures and policies, including the emergency response and hazardous waste material procedures.
- Knowledge of both of international and Vietnamese standard safety regulations and reporting requirements.
- Monitoring work areas for hazards.
- Establishing Plant first aid stations and equipping with supplies.
- Establishing an evacuation plan.
- Reviews safe work practices and procedures.
- Provides safety material and conduct safety meetings.
- Supports other departments on their safety goals, expectations and provides safety leadership to the construction management / plant management and personnel.
- Must have at least 10 years current experience within an oil/gas or thermoelectric facility and have a thorough demonstrated working knowledge of safety programs, including: lockout / tag out, personal protection, accident investigation, return to work, document management.
- 2 years experiences in a safety management position.
- Working knowledge of power plant systems if any and knowledge of international and Vietnamese safety regulation and requirements.
- Possess excellent communications skills in English (written and verbal as Advanced level and able to communicate using advanced vocabularies) and be computer literate.
- A Bachelor's Degree is required (Safety, Environmental, Chemistry or other technical), Master's degree a strong plus.
Note: Job openings for Expats who are living in Vietnam and have experience working in Vietnam
Please click on the APPLY BUTTON or contact our consultant - Ms, Ngoc Nghiem for further information: +(84) 0869318103 or email: email@example.com
- Chi Bui