Senior HR Officer
IndustryGovernment / NGO
Recruitment (Time spent: 25%)
- Facilitate the multi-year and annual workforce planning in alignment with strategic directions and business plans, and implement the multi-year plans.
- Facilitate the recruitment processes (including reviewing JDs/TOR; advertising vacancies on different channels including social media and professional networks; screening; shortlisting; interviewing using competency based behavioral and situational interviewing techniques, preparing written test and organizing fieldtrip with job shadowing assignments; checking references; proposing job offer and preparing employment contracts) in an effective, timely, fair and transparent manner to select qualified candidate for the job.
Employment and Employee Relations (Time spent: 15%)
- Coordinate onboarding/orientation process for new hires and ensure all the new hires have good understanding of and subscribe to company’s ethos, core values; understand company’s approaches, policies, procedures, strategies and operations to perform their job.
- Facilitate separation process in compliance with company’s Policies, procedures and labor law.
- Facilitate staffing changes (promotion, new appointment, relocation, additional responsibility, secondment, etc.) in consultation with relevant line manager and technical staff.
- Update all staff changes in the assigned zone/s to relevant partners including Social Insurance Department, Personal Health and Accident Insurance Provider and Labor Management Agency in an accurate and timely manner.
- Administer Personal Income Tax, insurance claims and other benefits (absences, health check-up, etc.) for staff in the assigned zone/s in compliance with relevant laws, regulations and HR policies
- Handle staff grievances and disciplinary action processes in consultation with the HR Director and line managers following Vietnam Labor Law, HR policy of company and company principles on Employee Relations. This includes support in handling grievance and disciplinary action processes of other zones.
- Regularly track the legal changes including Labor Law and related laws (Insurance, PIT etc.) to propose appropriate revision for the HR policy for National Staff/ Micro Finance Branches and expatriate staff.
Partnering for Performance (Performance Management) (Time spent: 10%)
- Provide ongoing support and coaching to line managers and individual staff in the implementation of the Partnering for Performance (company’s performance management approach and process). This is to ensure that the staff’s performance and development goals are SMART, contributing to team objectives and company’s Strategic Implementation Plans.
- Equip line managers with relevant skills to inspire high performance, support career development and address poor performance in a timely and professional manner.
- Facilitate recognition of staff for their additional efforts/contribution and outstanding performance in a timely and appropriate manner.
Staff Care and Employee Engagement (Time spent: 20%)
- In collaboration with line managers, create and maintain a conducive working environment where staff enjoy wellbeing as well as are highly motivated to make valuable contribution to the organization.
- Administer the staff engagement survey (Our Voice Survey) to get feedback from staff on the organizational and staff wellbeing.
- Support the HR Director in developing company’s Our Voice follow up action plan in consultation with Senior Leadership Team and implement and/or coordinate follow-up actions to improve the results.
- Support in strengthening company’s Christian identity and values and improving employee engagement.
- Coordinate spiritual nurture activities for Hanoi office as appropriate to the context of Vietnam.
- Support line managers in change communication, identification of Innovators and Early adaptors for change, and in motivating and implementing the change.
PnC Information Management (Time spent: 10%)
- Ensure all employee information and recruitment processes are recorded on Our People in a timely and accurate manner.
- Generate queries, analyses and use data on Our People to inform HR related recommendations/ decisions.
- Ensure all employee information properly in hard and soft copies, including personal documents, contracts and appendices, policies sign-off, performance and training records, etc. are filed properly.
- Prepare HR reports, payroll and other updates in a timely and accurate manner.
Learning & Development/Succession Planning (Time spent: 20%)
- Assess and identify competency gaps against competency framework for key roles.
- Provide coaching/ support and tools to line managers to conduct talent review, identify second liners for key roles, develop/ update their talent profiles, conduct career conversations and facilitate their career development
- Support the HR Director in developing and delivering learning and development activities that help close employees competency and skill gaps as identified in IDP and talent profiles.
- Use all available resources (in house trainers, WVI regional office’s programs, WVI online learning, consultancy, etc.) using blended learning approach including Webinar, simulation, coaching, mentoring, etc. to support the development of leaders and potential successors.
- Track learning application and evaluate the effectiveness and impact of learning and development activities/ activities to justify the ROI.
- A minimum of 5-year relevant working experience.
- Good knowledge and understanding of HR functions such as recruitment, employment, employee relations, performance management, employee engagement, learning and development, succession planning, talent management and development.
- Thorough understanding of Vietnamese labor law and practices
- Good understanding about humanitarian industry, company’s operation and its programs.
- Ability and skills to support the development of staff and leaders to meet and exceed the competencies required to achieve organizational goals and objectives.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good written and spoken communications skills in English and Vietnamese.
- Well-organized work style including sound process management skills.
- Demonstrated judgment and discernment skills, maturity and the ability to maintain strict confidentiality of staff and organizational records.
- Ability to coach, mentor and manage staff’s performance
- Willing to support the philosophy, purpose and values of the company in its work with the poor in Vietnam.
- A bachelor degree in a relevant field.
- Degree in Human Resource Management
Please click on the APPLY BUTTON or contact our consultant - Ms. Thanh Tu for further information: email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tu Nguyen