Technical Specialist – Nutrition
CategoryMedical & Science
IndustryGovernment / NGO
Technical Specialist – Nutrition supports our strategic goal to reduce malnutrition for children under 5 through integrated approach. This role has a strong focus on providing technical expertise and support to ensure the quality of the Nutrition Technical Program implementation.
1. Nutrition Technical Program Implementation (Time spent: 40%)
- Support TP Manager - Nutrition in managing the Nutrition TP within the local context, including ensuring DPA is applied in APs
- Coordinate and disseminate WASH strategy, program logic, models and best practices.
- Filter WASH and Nutrition related partnership initiatives and contextualize for Vietnam context. This includes coordination of the collection, documentation and dissemination of World Vision WASH and Nutrition programming experience and best practice.
- Map WASH and Nutrition activities/policies and approaches, and design a framework to refocus in more integrated ways. Incorporate Government approaches and policies into this thinking.
- Develop and deliver curriculum (ToT) training to government counterparts to enable staff to deliver accountable, evidence based, quality WASH and Nutrition programmes that bring sustained improvements to well-being of children.
- Identify and document best practices and good models for purpose of advocacy and replication.
2. Technical Quality Assurance (Time spent: 40%)
- Provide technical guidance on annual planning so that WASH and Nutrition "best practices, lessons learned are integrated into technically sound business plans and services are coordinated.
- Standardize Technical Guidelines/Training Materials for the implementation of the Nutrition Core Project models including Integrated WASH.
- Standardize DME tools for baseline, monitoring and evaluation of the TP by working with Program Effectiveness Unit.
- Support the Nutrition TP Manager in building the capacity of Nutrition Technical Program Officers, Area Programs, national and provincial partners in WASH to ensure the implementation of the Technical Program – Nutrition as per the Technical designs.
- Promote action learning across the company through regular WASH and Health and Nutrition Sector Working Group meetings and training of others to take leadership of structured reflection in the zones, APs and grant funded projects
- Technically endorse all LEAP documents (e.g. Nutrition baselines, designs, proposals, monitoring and evaluations) as per the agreed business process.
- Support the TP Manager – Nutrition to conduct periodic M&E and reporting activities as required, including taking monitoring support visits to APs implementing WASH and Nutrition projects and providing in the field technical consultation to ensure quality and progress of activities implemented.
3. Cross Cutting Themes (Time spent: 25%)
- Standardize Gender/Disability/Disaster Risk Reduction/living values development mainstreaming framework/tools/methods/training materials which align with partnership imperatives, best practice approaches, and NO strategic priorities.
- Conduct technical capacity building activities for AP staff, including indoor training, on the job training, coaching and ongoing technical support to ensure that guidelines/tools on Disability/Gender/DRR/Faith Development mainstreaming are clearly understood, followed and best practices are replicated by AP staff.
- Develop tools/mechanism to ensure that standard indicators (goal, outcomes, and outputs) are disaggregated by Gender and Disability.
4. Resource Acquisition (Time spent: 10%)
- Support Nutrition TP Manager in developing Grant/PNS Concept Notes and Proposals for WASH and Nutrition
- Provide technical support for design, implementation and evaluation of WASH and Nutrition Grant or PNS projects.
- 3 years’ experience in implementing interventions in Water, Sanitation and Hygiene in Vietnamese rural communities
- Strong relevant WASH and nutrition technical expertise
- High level of diplomacy, communication, negotiation and persuasion and advocacy skills.
- Proven ability to provide coaching and deliver other capacity building activities.
- Ability to provide supportive supervision to assure the interventions’ quality.
- Ability to document and share best practice for replication.
- Good data analysis and reporting skills.
- Good proposal writing skills.
- Strong ability to speak, write and read in both English and Vietnamese.
- Experience in programme quality support and staff training/coaching.
- Experience in working with INGOs
- Experience in advocacy.
- Experience in developing WASH or nutrition grant proposals
- Bachelor degree in the relevant field
- Relevant Master degree is an advance.
Please click on the APPLY BUTTON or contact our consultant - Ms. Thanh Tu for further information: email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tu Nguyen