LocationThanh Hoa, Vietnam
CategoryTechnical / Manufacturing
IndustryOil & Gas
Biggest refinery plant in Vietnam
The responsibility of the Welding Coordinator shall consist of the followings, as a minimum:
- Development of NSRP’s welding quality management system, aligned to the principles of ISO 3834.
- Develop and implement the quality management requirements of all the company's welding contractors.
- Ensure that all welding and related activities are performed in accordance with all applicable the company's standards.
- Manage the welding repair rate both on and off site for the company.
- Coordinate training of welders to meet site/workshop specific conditions.
- Coordinate welding defect root cause analysis efforts (the company and contractors).
- Conduct field welding inspection activities to ensure that the QMS is being correctly implemented.
- Train the company and contractor welding staff on the principles of good welding quality management.
- Ensure that all procedures and work instructions of the welding QMS are implemented and begin executed accordingly.
- Be the focal point for communication between the service providers and the company with respect to welding quality related issues.
- Ensure that the NSRP welding system is being implemented and is functioning correctly. This includes regular audits.
- Responsible to ensure that welding staff have access to and use the latest client and legislative codes and standards.
- Identify need for new WPS’s and repair methods and coordinate their develop and qualification.
- Provide technical welding advice to supervisory and inspection staff (or other as needed).
- Ensure all welders performing welding operations are correctly qualified to the applicable code and the company requirements.
- Responsible to develop and implement induction packs for welders, welding inspectors, welding supervisors and welding foreman as a minimum.
- Coordinate the review and approval of PQR’s, heat treatment procedures and complex repair method statements by the company Welding Engineer.
- Preform regular audits on welding contractors and subcontractor.
- Develop and implement the system required to manage welding equipment bythe company contractors.
Conduct research and development work on new welding and hot work technologies.
Educational Level: University Graduate or Equivalent
Work Experience: Minimum 8 years of experience as a Responsible Welding Coordinator (RWC), Welding QA/QC Manager or Welding Engineer/Technologist on a refinery, petrochemical plant, oil/gas production plant or a main contractor servicing this industry.
- A degree or diploma in Mechanical, Materials or Chemical Engineering.
- Certified International Welding Engineer (IWE) or International Welding Technologist (IWT) by the International Institute of Welding (IIW).
- Additional preferred (not mandatory): IIW International Welding Practitioner, Certified welding Inspector, ISO 9001 internal auditor, API 577 Certified, MT/PT/UT/RT Level 2.
- Experience in developing, implementing and auditing welding quality management systems in accordance with ISO 3834.
- Good working knowledge of developing and using online welding tracking systems for both site execution and fabrication workshops.
- Experience in managing welding teams during major turnarounds.
- Familiar with NDE techniques used for welding inspection.
- In depth working knowledge of welding inspection requirements before, during and after welding.
- Deep understanding of welding defects, their classification and root cause analysis.
- Working experience with both ASME and ISO welding codes and standards (new construction and in-service).
- Ability to development repair welding method statements for complex pressure equipment repairs.
- Excellent communication and coordination skills across various cultures, disciplines and organizations.
- Sound experience in developing and reviewing PQR’s and WPS’s to both ASME and ISO standards.
- Good understanding of the various welding processes and related hot work equipment used on a refinery.
- Familiar with different types of PWHT and the QA/QC requirements thereof.
- Ability to write technical standards and procedures.
- Minimum English skill level of IELTS 6.0 or higher.
- Van Luong